INDONESIA IS ACTIVELY WORKING TO PROMOTE THE GAME OF ICE HOCKEY TO WOMEN AND GIRLS. IT IS AN EXCITING TEAM SPORT THAT IS BUILT ON SKILL, SPEED, DISCIPLINE AND TEAMWORK. NEARLY TWO MILLION PLAYERS, BOTH MALE AND FEMALE OF ALL AGES, PLAY ICE HOCKEY ALL AROUND THE WORLD. IT IS GREAT SPORT TO WATCH – AND EVEN BETTER TO PLAY!
The benefits of playing ice hockey are numerous; you will develop and improve co-ordination, agility and strength, while having the opportunity to participate an exciting sport with new and different skills. You will learn life skills such as self-confidence, teamwork, self-esteem, and sportsmanship that will help in all areas of life. Most of all you will have fun in a positive, healthy and safe environment where you can meet others
To find out more and get involved in ice hockey please contact us.
The following women’s competitions are sanctioned by the IIHF today:
- IIHF World Women’s Championship since 1990
- Women’s ice hockey tournaments at the Olympic Winter Games since 1998
- IIHF European Women’s Champions Cup since 2004
- IIHF World Women’s U18 Championship since 2008
- IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia since 2010
In addition, the IIHF assigned more resources to women’s hockey and take measures to improve the sport’s development:
- IIHF Women’s Committee since 1994
- IIHF Women’s Program Manager since 2010
- Annual Women’s Coaching Symposium since 2011
- IIHF Ambassador and Mentor Program (AMP) since 2011
- Female Recruitment Program – Ice Hockey is for Girls since 2010
- IIHF Women’s Hockey Development Camp (bi-annually, since 2004)
- Twelve Nations Invitational Tournament 2011-12 season
- IIHF Women’s High-Performance Camp since 2011
- World Girls’ Ice Hockey Weekend since 2011
- Global Girls’ Game since 2015/2016
Interested to join Indonesia’s youth development program?
Tuesdays, 19:30-21:00 at the BX Ice Skating Rink
Contact us now for more info!
News & Updates